A Breast Health Episode
Does nutrition make a difference in breast cancer prevention, treatment, and recurrence? If so, what specific changes make the most difference? There are so many myths about breast cancer nutrition that I wanted to find out what’s really true by talking with an oncology dietitian who specializes in breast cancer.
I wanted to know… is it true that sugar feeds cancer? Do you have to go vegan after a breast cancer diagnosis? What about soy? And more…
In this episode, I’m talking to Tamar Rothenberg, MS, RDN, a registered dietitian who specializes in recovery after breast cancer in her private practice in Los Angeles. She co-led the clinical study, Coping with Cancer in the Kitchen, published in the journal Nutrients. She is also the author of a new book, Cancer Diet for the Newly Diagnosed, which focuses not only on breast cancer but all cancers. And she is a breast cancer thriver herself.
This Week We Talk About:
- Myths around nutrition following a breast cancer diagnosis and why some recommendations do more harm than good
- The most important goals of nutrition through breast cancer diagnosis and treatment
- What may shift in your nutrition plan after completion of treatment
- Why “breast cancer prevention” is itself a myth… and research-based tips to reduce risk of recurrence
- Why you don’t have to go vegan to benefit from adding plants to your diet
- The real truth about soy and breast cancer
- Lifestyle and supplement recommendations for breast cancer thrivers
- Resources for people thriving after breast cancer
Mentioned in this episode
PCOS Meal Prep Made Easy Workshop – In this hour-long workshop, I break down exactly HOW to eat for PCOS. Learn my simple 3-step formula for planning meals with PCOS, no matter where you are so that you can have balanced blood sugar, lower inflammation, and support gut and hormone health… without giving up a single food or spending hours in the kitchen!
Where to find Tamar Rothenberg, MS, RDN:
Tamar’s Website: Tamarrothenberg.com
Tamar’s Instagram: @breastcancer.nutritionist
Tamar’s Facebook Group: A Fresh Start for Breast Cancer Thrivers
Find out if you’re eligible and apply for the free Sharsheret in the Kitchen coaching program, made possible by a grant from Cedars Sinai here
Love the podcast?
Leave a rating and review! Or share an episode with a friend who could benefit!
Disclaimer: This website and podcast are not intended to provide medical advice. Please consult with your doctor before implementing nutrition, lifestyle, or supplement changes.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.