A PCOS Weight Loss Episode
This week we’re diving into a common problem for people with PCOS – weight loss. Many people struggle to lose weight without making their PCOS symptoms worse, and it’s one of the most common reasons people want to work with a PCOS dietitian. People want to know why and how people are losing weight with PCOS.
With PCOS, it’s not as easy as calories in/calories out or hopping on the latest diet trend. There are many factors that affect the ability to lose weight with PCOS and each patient has their own set of needs and goals, so it’s impossible to offer blanket advice for how to lose weight with PCOS. And, depending on who you follow, you may even wonder if you’re wrong to even WANT to lose weight.
That’s why I wanted to bring in a guest expert who has a whole program built around how EXACTLY to lose weight with PCOS.
Meet Cory Ruth, a Registered Dietitian, Nutritionist, and women’s health expert. Cory is the founder and principal of The Women’s Dietitian and Instagram account @thewomensdietitian, a private practice and digital platform for women seeking nutrition support for hormone balance, PCOS, fertility, and weight management. She specializes in PCOS and nutrition therapy for infertility and assisted reproductive technology. In this episode, we talk about how women with PCOS can ACTUALLY lose weight — without making their PCOS symptoms worse.
In this episode, we talk about
- Cory’s experiences as a dietitian with PCOS
- WHY it’s so hard for people with PCOS to lose weight
- Why keto diets and intermittent fasting don’t work for people with PCOS
- How to have realistic expectations around weight as a woman with PCOS
- Which practical and sustainable lifestyle changes you can make to lose weight and improve your health
Mentioned in this episode
PCOS Meal Prep Made Easy Workshop – In this hour-long workshop, I break down what foods you want to include for PCOS and what you may want to consider avoiding or minimizing. Learn my simple 3 step formula for planning meals with PCOS.
GIVEAWAY OPEN THROUGH 1/18/22!
To celebrate, I’m giving away one (1) FULL SCHOLARSHIP to The PCOS Root Cause Roadmap! That’s a $2488 value! What?!
The PCOS Root Cause Roadmap is my proven & proprietary 6-step method to PCOS Success – get your periods back, improve your symptoms, lose weight, and get pregnant naturally with my integrative approach that includes nutrition, lifestyle, supplement, and testing recommendations! Over 650 women have had success in the course since it launched in 2020!
And if you are selected as the winner of this giveaway, you get to join for FREE!
How to enter the giveaway:
- Subscribe to the podcast on Apple podcasts and/or Spotify.
- Leave a rating and a review. (NEW! Spotify now allows ratings & reviews too!)
- Screenshot your review and send it to email@example.com by 11:59 pm est on January 18th (that’s next Tuesday!) and we’ll get you entered into the contest!
Winner will be notified via email on 1/19/22.
Where to find Cory Ruth, MS, RDN:
The Women’s Dietitian
Facebook: The Women’s Dietitian
LinkedIn: The Women’s Dietitian