An Endometriosis Nutrition Episode
Like most women’s health issues, endometriosis is complicated! It can take years to receive a proper diagnosis, we still don’t have a good understanding of the underlying causes and triggers, and conventional medicine treatment options are surgery or heavy duty medications. Fortunately nutrition and lifestyle can make a real difference in symptom intensity, but what diet is best for endometriosis? Today we’re talking to fertility and endometriosis nutrition expert, Stefanie Valakas, APD, about endometriosis nutrition.
Stef is a fertility dietitian & nutritionist and founder of The Dietologist. She and her virtual practice team are dedicated to excellence in nutrition for reproductive health concerns, fertility & pregnancy. Her passion for nutrition in this space has truly grown from her experience helping her clients online from around the world and also through her own personal experiences of navigating a diagnosis of endometriosis.
This Week We Talk About:
- How Stefanie got interested in preconception nutrition by starting our working in pediatrics
- How specializing in fertility nutrition led to Stefanie’s own diagnosis with endometriosis
- Why overlapping GI conditions and vague symptoms make getting diagnosed with endometriosis difficult
- Why there’s no one-size-fits-all approach to endometriosis nutrition
- Easy tips for incorporating an anti-inflammatory endometriosis diet and lifestyle plan
- What foods you DON’T need to avoid and what you might want to consider avoiding
- Lifestyle factors that can impact endometriosis
Mentioned in this episode
Tempdrop Exclusive Offer – I’m excited to partner with Tempdrop because not only do I recommend it to my clients, but I also use it myself! You can use your Tempdrop to track your cycle without the usual early morning wake-ups or super strict tracking schedules. Tempdrop helps you collect accurate basal body readings, identify your fertile window, confirm your ovulation, plan for your period, identify pregnancy, and more.
Whether you’re trying to conceive, avoiding pregnancy, or charting for health reasons, your Tempdrop can help you do it all. You can get 15% off a Tempdrop kit using the code HormoneDietitianPodcast here!
(If that doesn’t work, use TheHormoneDietitian)
Where to find Stefanie Valakas, APD
Women’s Health Nutrition & Fitness Expert
Podcast: Fertility Friendly Food
Read my blog post on cycle tracking here.