A Preconception Nutrition Episode
Many people come to a fertility dietitian after they’ve struggled with getting pregnant, have gone through unsuccessful fertility treatments, or aren’t getting answers from their doctors about WHY they aren’t getting pregnant. But the earlier in your fertility journey you can start working on nutrition, the better — I’ve never heard anyone who’s gotten pregnant say they regretted working on their nutrition and lifestyle!
This week’s episode is for everyone out there who wants to start thinking about nutrition and lifestyle recommendations to support pregnancy, whether they’ve been trying to conceive for a while or whether they’re planning ahead to optimize their future fertility.
In this episode, I’ll be talking to friend and colleague Whitney Gingerich. Whitney is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist & holistic fertility coach helping women learn how to nourish, move, and rest their bodies to optimize their hormonal health and fertility.
As a board-certified food & fertility nerd with a decade of experience and a knack for health humor, Whitney uses the 5 pillars of fertility to create lasting change so that women struggling to conceive can bring joy and pleasure back into their lives while addressing the root causes of their health issues.
This week, Whitney and I discuss her journey to becoming a fertility dietitian, the myths around fertility and where you can get actual answers to your problems, and how you can bring a more holistic approach to your own fertility journey.
*Please note that there are a few swears in this episode so if you have little ones or are listening at work, you may want to use headphones for this episode. Thanks!
This Week We Talk About:
- How her own struggles with eating led to Whitney’s career in nutrition
- Why her own pregnancy pushed Whitney to learn all she could about preconception nutrition
- Which fertility myths are just myths and what actually helps improve your fertility chances
- Who has been left out of fertility studies and how that impacts fertility trends
- Which supplements Whitney recommends for fertility across the board for those trying to conceive
- How you can monitor your hormones at home
- Why we shouldn’t leave our partners’ nutrition out of the picture
- When you should reach out to a fertility dietitian for advice
Mentioned in this episode
PCOS Meal Prep Made Easy Workshop – In this hour-long workshop, I break down what foods you want to include for PCOS and what you may want to consider avoiding or minimizing. Learn my simple 3 step formula for planning meals with PCOS, which includes learning how to eat to balance blood sugar.
Where to find Whitney Gingerich, RDN
The Fertility Nut
Facebook: The Fertility Nut
Take the Baby Body Quiz to find out if your body is ready to get pregnant: https://thefertilitynut.com/babybodyquiz