A Mind-Body Episode with Kendra Tolbert, RDN RYT
There is more to PCOS than your hormones. Your PCOS symptoms reach beyond your uterus, so it’s important that we treat every aspect of this syndrome. Today we will be exploring how healing the mind and the body can help alleviate some of these symptoms with my good friend, Kendra Tolbert.
Kendra helps people prepare for pregnancy by using nutrition and mind-body practices as well as working with their hormones. There is a lot of unlearning we have to do to remove ourselves from society’s expectations of us as women, but we need to do it so that we can create a lifestyle that works best for us.
In this episode, we talk about
- Why Kendra decided to use nutrition and mind-body health when working with her patients
- Why it’s important to take care of yourself, especially when you have PCOS
- The effects PCOS has on the rest of our body
- How PCOS affects our chances of pregnancy
- How the perfect Instagram worthy version of a woman is not healthy or attainable
Mentioned in this episode:
PCOS Meal Prep Made Easy Workshop – In this hour-long workshop, I break down what foods you want to include for PCOS and what you may want to consider avoiding or minimizing. Learn my simple 3 step formula for planning meals with PCOS.