A Dual Perspective Episode from a Medical Professional with PCOS
So, we’ve had a patient with PCOS on the show, now we’re going to have a medical professional with PCOS on the show! Meet Dr. Janelle Howell, also known as The Vagina Rehab Doctor! She is a pelvic physical therapist and board-certified women’s health specialist. She is leading the pack of the Vagina CEO community, #bigvulva energy train, and all things vaginal happiness. I’ve been a huge fan for a long time and I know you will be too!
I wanted to bring Dr. Howell onto the podcast because I wanted to hear about her personal experience with PCOS as a healthcare provider with PCOS. Her unique insight into the industry and as a patient allows us to better understand PCOS from both sides of the desk.
In this episode, we talk about
- What a normal period is and what it isn’t
- Which symptoms Dr. Howell had that linked back to PCOS in the future and how she was diagnosed
- What it’s like being a medical professional with PCOS and what she focuses on
- How Dr. Howell and I balance a healthy diet and exercise into our lives
- How I help my more rebellious patients stay consistent with new habits
Mentioned in this episode:
PCOS Meal Prep Made Easy Workshop – In this hour-long workshop, I break down what foods you want to include for PCOS and what you may want to consider avoiding or minimizing. Learn my simple 3 step formula for planning meals with PCOS.
We’ll have Dr. Howell back on in the future to talk about her area of expertise – pelvic floor therapy and vaginal health, but in the meantime, I cannot recommend enough her monthly #firstsunday Vag Stretch Lab! I joined the December one and it was fantastic!
Where to find Dr. Howell: