A Deep Dive into PCOS Lab Testing Episode with Dr. Corina Dunlap Episode
Over the last few weeks, we’ve been talking about the basics of PCOS and how to identify the symptoms of PCOS. Now we’re going to dive deeper into what you can do as a patient who’s looking for more information on how to actively treat PCOS. Specifically, we’re diving into lab tests for PCOS.
In this week’s episode, we’re taking a look at two of the questions I get the most when it comes to PCOS. They are:
- “What tests should I have done to find out if I have PCOS?”
- “What types of lab tests should I consider getting to find out more information about which root causes may be driving my PCOS symptoms?”
To answer these questions, I’ve invited our guest, Dr. Corina Dunlap. Dr. Dunlap is a licensed naturopathic doctor (ND) and women’s health and hormone specialist. She is the creator of Health by Design, a deeply personalized women’s healthcare program, and The Healthy Hormones Method, a transformational framework and course for women. Dr. Dunlap will be helping us answer these questions based on her own expertise and experience as a practitioner.
In this episode, we talk about:
- What types of practitioners can diagnose PCOS
- Lab tests for PCOS diagnosing, identifying root causes, and monitoring your progress
- How naturopathic care differs from conventional care
- How medications can be prescribed for PCOS in conjunction with the diet, lifestyle, etc, changes
Mentioned in this episode:
PCOS Meal Prep Made Easy Workshop – In this hour-long workshop, I break down what foods you want to include for PCOS and what you may want to consider avoiding or minimizing. Learn my simple 3 step formula for planning meals with PCOS.
Where to find Dr. Dunlap:
Dr. Corina Dunlap, ND, MS, Women’s Naturopathic Healthcare