A PMS & Period Pain Episode
Should you take the pill for PMS? What about for period pain? Despite what you may have been told, there are more options out there than taking the pill. Furthermore, the pill doesn’t *actually* address any of the underlying root causes of PMS or period pain. So in this episode, we’re asking the million-dollar question – what other options are there besides the pill for PMS and period pain?
I’m talking to Dr. Saru Bala, and educating women on options besides the pill for PMS and period pain is her passion!
Dr. Saru Bala is a licensed Naturopathic Doctor who has done extra training in the areas of women’s health and naturopathic endocrinology. Her mission is to educate women about their periods, hormones, and overall health. She works 1:1 with women to address hormonal concerns without the use of birth control and her primary focus is on managing chronic hormonal issues such as PCOS, period pain, heavy bleeding, fibroids, endometriosis, Hashimoto’s, fertility, and other women’s hormonal concerns.
Or as Dr. Bala says — she works with women at any stage from their first period to their last period!
This Week We Talk About:
- The most common underlying causes of PMS
- Foods to eat and lifestyle habits to incorporate that can help reduce PMS symptoms
- The hormone balancing supplements that may help with PMS — and why they’re likely not the ones that have been marketed to you
- How PMDD differs from PMS
- What painful periods or pain between periods can mean and why getting a diagnosis doesn’t matter as much as you think it might
- How the pill makes hormonally driven conditions like PMS and period pain worse by masking the symptoms but not addressing the underlying root causes
- Why you don’t need a “detox”,,, but you DO need to support detoxification
- Why you shouldn’t have to live with symptoms that may be common but aren’t normal, and options beyond just “take the pill”
Mentioned in this episode
PCOS Meal Prep Made Easy Workshop – In this hour-long workshop, I break down what foods you want to include for PCOS and what you may want to consider avoiding or minimizing. Learn my simple 3-step formula for planning meals with PCOS, which includes learning how to eat to balance blood sugar.
Where to find Dr. Saru Bala
Dr. Bala’s Website: www.drsarubala.com
Dr. Bala’s Instagram: @drsarubala
Free Guide to Female Hormones: Download here
Love the podcast?
Leave a rating and review! Or share an episode with a friend who could benefit!