A Functional Fertility Episode
Are you trying to get pregnant but not sure where the process is going wrong and why? Getting pregnant, staying pregnant, and having a healthy baby is complex and there are many places where this process can go awry. But to a functional fertility practitioner, these can all be clues to understanding what the underlying root causes affecting your fertility actually are.
In this episode, I’m talking to a prominent fertility expert, Dr. Jaclyn Chasse Smeaton who is a licensed naturopathic physician dedicated to helping couples conceive naturally.
Dr. Chasse Smeaton is a graduate of Bastyr University, an avid writer, and international speaker who has taught thousands of doctors and functional practitioners her root cause fertility methods. Her practice, Hello Fertility, is dedicated to fertility, sexual health and family wellness.
We cover a LOT of info in this episode, from nutrition to environmental toxins to oxidative stress and mitochondria. I think you’ll be surprised to learn some factors that may be affecting your and your partner’s fertility that may have never occurred to you.
This Week We Talk About:
- The foundations of fertility – nutrition, environment, rest & digest, and movement & connection
- Simple changes you can make in your environment to improve your fertility
- The 3 categories of root causes of fertility issues and the most common root causes of fertility issues
- Why most “infertility” is actually SUBfertility
- What oxidative stress is and why it matters in fertility
- Functional fertility testing you may want to consider if you’re not getting answers from conventional medicine
- Why you shouldn’t follow a detoxification protocol if you’re actively trying to conceive
- Why immune function & blood flow in the uterus matter when it comes to getting (and staying) pregnant
- What a proper fertility supplement plan looks like and which fertility supplements you should avoid
Mentioned in this episode
PCOS Meal Prep Made Easy Workshop – In this hour-long workshop, I break down what foods you want to include for PCOS and what you may want to consider avoiding or minimizing. Learn my simple 3-step formula for planning meals with PCOS, which includes learning how to eat to balance blood sugar.
Where to find Dr. Chasse Smeaton
Website: Hello Fertility
Download Dr. Chasse Smeaton’s Hello Fertility Quick Start Nutrition Guide
Read my blog post on PCOS & fertility here.