These healthy PB&J Fat Bombs are a great afternoon snack to tide you over to dinner and they’re just a little bit sweet with no added sugar!
Peanut butter balls are usually packed with sugar, but these are a great source of fiber, protein, and healthy fats! So you can eat up, guilt-free!
I don’t know about you, but I am NOT a baker. I rarely follow a recipe exactly, and so I’ve had more than my fair share of baking disasters. But these no-bake peanut butter balls are so easy that even I can make them! And they have only 5 ingredients!
- Peanut butter (duh!) — I like chunky peanut butter for extra texture.
- Coconut flour — which is a gluten-free, grain-free flour that’s particularly absorbent, so it works great in energy balls. It also works for you keto or paleo folks.
- Cinnamon — not only adds flavor, but also has been shown to lower blood sugar.
- Ground flaxseed — adds plant-based Omega-3 fatty acids and lignans, which help detox estrogen & testosterone.
- Freeze-dried strawberries — I got mine at Trader Joe’s, but you can get these anywhere. These add a tart-sweet flavor with no added sugar!
Combine the coconut flour, flaxseed, peanut butter, and cinnamon in a large bowl and stir together (you can probably do this faster in a food processor). Add a little water if needed to get it to form a dough.
Roll them into balls — my batch made 14, but it will depend on how big or small you roll them.
Then comes the fun part — smash the freeze-dried strawberries. I put mine in a zip-locked bag and pounded the heck out of them, which was kind of therapeutic. Again, you can probably do this faster in a food processor or blender. 🙂
Roll the balls in the strawberry powder.
These were sweet enough for me without any added sugar, but if you need a bit more sweetness (or you’re making these for kids), you can add 2 tablespoons of maple syrup to boost the sweetness factor.
With 4.5 grams of protein, nearly 9 grams of healthy fats, and only 3 grams net carbs per ball, these healthy peanut butter balls are a plant-based treat that just happen to be gluten-free, grain-free, and dairy-free!
We think these PB&J Fat Bombs are the bomb & hope you do too!
PB&J Fat Bombs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 3/4 cup chunky natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup freeze-dried strawberries
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut flour, ground flaxseed, peanut butter, and cinnamon.
- Form into 1-inch balls. Makes approximately 14.
- Grind the freeze-dried strawberries. (Place in a Ziploc bag and smash.)
- Roll the balls in the strawberry powder.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
If you’re looking for more hormone-balancing recipes for PCOS, download my free 5-day meal plan here!
And if you’re looking for more easy & nutrient-dense ball recipes, check out my Pumpkin Pie balls, BFF balls or, Pecan Pie Protein balls,